'The best books, reviewed with insight and charm, but without compromise.'
- author Jackie French

Monday 6 April 2009

Framing Pages

Snaffle this lovely idea to add a splash of literary colour to your kids' walls

I adore kids' books so much, I frame their pages. I mean, how could you not want to feast your eyes on them all day long?

Kids can enjoy the pages from their favourite stories with this crafty idea, and what better way to make original art and a really cool and unique wall feature?
You will need to buy two books if you plan to frame the entire series like my Chicken Soup With Rice pictures by Maurice Sendak (above - one of my fave picture books of all time). Otherwise, you can pick and choose pages from one book.
Whatever you do, just don't start ripping up the pages from a beloved tome! Newer books have flatter, more pristine pages, too - which makes framing easier.
Pages from my son's favourite book - No, David! by David Shannon (above) make a glorious feature in his room, mixed with several other pieces of original art. It's these simple book pages, however, that still pull the most smiles every time Riley or I look at them.